Regulations on fees for Covid-19 quarantine, testing and treatment for Vietnamese returning from abroad
|Provinces and cities provide financial aid for Covid-19 hotspot Hai Duong|
|Hai Duong field hospital No.3 comes into operation as Covid-19 cases surge|
|Tet’s COVID-19 style of overseas Vietnamese|
|Flight attendants in protective clothes serve Vietnamese citizens on a repatriation flight from Japan on April 22, 2020. Photo courtesy of Vietnam Airlines.|
The Vietnamese Government has issued Resolution No. 16/NQ-CP on fees for quarantine, testing, and treatment of COVID-19 for Vietnamese people returning from abroad.
Cases subject to concentrated quarantine
- Vietnamese people who go abroad for working, studying, traveling, medical treatment, and visiting their relatives have to be quarantined at concentrated facilities when they return to Viet Nam.
If they opt for quarantining at hotels and resorts, they have to pay the fees by themselves.
- Vietnamese returnees from abroad who are quarantined at military barracks, military schools, or other establishments designated as quarantine facilities by the competent state agencies have to pay the fee for transport from ports of entry to quarantine facilities; the fee for Covid-19 testing; the fee of meals at 80,000 VND (US$ 3.5)/person/ day; the fee of necessities such as drinking water, face towels, face masks, hand sanitizers, toothbrushes, etc) at 40,000 VND (US$ 1.7)/person/ day
If a returnee is a member of a poor or near-poor household, expenses will be covered by the State.
- Vietnamese people who are sent abroad to work, study, and research by competent state agencies; members of overseas Vietnamese agencies, their spouses, and children have to be quarantined at concentrated facilities when they return to Viet Nam.
If they opt for quarantining at hotels and resorts, they have to pay the fees by themselves. Nevertheless, the fee for Covid-19 testing will be covered by the State.
If they choose to quarantine at military barracks, military schools, or other establishments designated as quarantine facilities by the competent state agencies, they only need to cover meal expenses of 80,000 VND (US$ 3.47)/ day.
- Foreigners and Vietnamese residing abroad subject to concentrated quarantine have to have valid international insurances that guarantee medical check and treatment in Viet Nam.
They have to be quarantined at hotels or resorts and pay expenses for transport from ports of entry to quarantine facilities, COVID-19 testing, and other services announced by the hotels/resorts.
|Vietnamese wait to be repatriated at an airport in Russia, May 12, 2020. Photo courtesy of Vietnam's Ministry of Foreign Affairs.|
Cases not subject to concentrated quarantine
- Foreigners and Vietnamese residing abroad if not subject to concentrated quarantine have to pay for COVID-19 testing.
The above regulation is not applied to the high-ranking diplomatic delegations, foreign investors, business managers, experts and guests invited by Ministers, Heads of ministerial-level agencies, Government bodies and Chairmen of Provincial People’s Committees.
Agencies and organizations that receive foreign entrants have to inform the local Department of Health about the list of the entrants and addresses of their accommodations for the organization of medical monitoring and COVID-19 testing.
As World Health Organization (WHO) investigators rush to finish their work on discovering the origin of coronavirus in Wuhan next month, Chinese officals say they ...
Between February 18 and March 15, Bamboo Airways receives and transports medical equipment for free to pandemic-hit Hai Duong province.
Vietnamese cities and provinces have announced plans on the resumption of in-person learning after the week-long Tet (Lunar New Year) holiday, which ended on February ...